This Tortilla Campera or Campera Omelete recipe is a version of the classic Spanish Omelette (Tortilla de Patatas) with vegetables. It is a nourishing and delicious omelette, perfect for dinner with a salad or for a picnic. And it is wonderful for a leftover lunch next day! So keep a portion of it for your lunch box!
Recipe of Tortilla Campera
(for 8 generous portions or 12 a bit smaller)
- 1 kg potatoes
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 onions
- 1 leek
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 6 eggs (size L
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Step by step
- Chop finely the vegetables.
- Peel the potatoes, slice and season with salt.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil into a frying pan and, in medium heat, sweat the vegetables until they are soft. Keep them aside in a bowl.
- Clean the frying pan with kitchen paper. Then add two tablespoons of olive oil and fry the potatoes in low heat.
- Once the potatoes are cooking, beat the eggs in a big bowl and season with a pinch of salt. Once the potatoes are soft, mix them with the vegetables and the eggs and stir.
- Baste slightly a 24 cm diameter frying pan with olive oil and warm it up in high heat. Pour the mixture and cook for a few minutes until the omelette set.
- Flip it over using a plate and cook for a few minutes on the other side. Serve with a salad or a slice of sourdough bread.
Wine pairing for a Tortilla Campera
The pairing wine suggested for the Tortilla Campera was a Lopez de Haro 2015, from La Rioja.
It is gently rounded, delightful and expressive. The wine undergoes the classic Rioja ageing period of 18 months with 50% French oak and 50% American oak. This beautiful cherry red wine has delicate ripe red fruit aromas. It’s a beautifully smooth and expressive wine and well balanced.
It will make a very pleasant accompaniment to the tortilla campera because it is very easy to drink smooth wine.