Tapa of marinated duck with sundried tomatoes
If you didn’t have the chance to hear the recipe at Flavour 105 radio program last Saturday, here you have the step-by-step guide to make a delicious tapa at home.
And if you want to listen to the program, in this link not only will be able to listen to the recipe but also to know which is the best wine or sherry to pair with, recommended by Tom Lewis from The Cambridge Wine Blogger.
Duck and dry tomatoes are two ingredients very popular in the East of Spain. In this area of Spain, they are cooked with rice, getting a kind of paella.
The same ingredients can be used to make a tapa using bread instead of rice. It is a really tasty mouthful as the duck is marinated with soya sauce, balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil.
Sun-dried tomatoes are a special ingredient, very often used in Mediterranean cookery. I love them because the tomato flavour is concentrated in a small piece and is much tastier. If you buy dried tomatoes you have to rehydrate them so boil them for five minutes and, afterwards, cover them in olive oil and add some herbs to aromatize them.
1 duck magret
100 gr. tomato sauce
8 slices of dried tomato
8 slices of bread
3 tablespoon soy sauce
Extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1. Fry the tomato sauce in a frying pan with a dash of extra virgin olive oil.
2. When the tomato sauce gets thick, add the basil and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Cut the duck magret in slices of 2-3 cm. thickness.
4. In a bowl, put a glug of extra virgin olive oil, the soy sauce and the balsamic vinegar.
5. Plunge the sliced duck magret into the mixture and marinate for 2 hours. Afterwards, drain the slices and set aside.
6. Slice a baguette and toast.
7. Spread the tomato sauce over the toasted bread.
8. In a frying pan, stir-fry the marinated duck.
9. Put the duck over the slice of bread.
10. On the top, lay out a dried tomato.
[…] step-by-step guide for this recipe is in the Recipes section with ingredients, quantities and some tips. I hope you enjoy cooking and eating this […]