A SUMMER RECIPE TO MAKE THE MOST OF THE SEASONAL PRODUCTS
This roasted apricot with Iberico ham and cottage cheese tapa is ideal for a summer party.
It can be perfect as a starter or individually as finger food, which we call pintxo in Spain.
I’m pretty sure you are doing a barbecue this weekend so you can make the most of the fire to roast some apricots! 👩🏻🍳👨🏻🍳 If you are not barbecuing this weekend, you can do it in a cast-iron pan over high heat.
Also, apricots are now in season and they are sweet and delicious!
- Cut the apricots in halves and take the stone out.
- You can add a bit of brown sugar on each. I didn’t as mine were ripe and sweet and they didn’t need any extra sweetness.
- Grill the apricots, cut side down, for about a minute until you see the marks of the grill.
- Slice sourdough bread. Toast it. You can do it on the barbecue too.
- Put the slices of iberico ham (if you don’t have iberico, a good serrano ham works perfectly too) over the warm bread. The heat will melt the ham and brings all the flavours to the bread.
- On top, a halve of grilled apricot. On the cut side up, put a dollop of cottage cheese.
- Dress it with a pinch of salt, black pepper, and chopped chive or cress.