Celebrate the Sherry Week
at Cambridge Wine Merchants
On Friday, 12th October, Gonzalez Byass and ¡Qué rico! Tapas will merge sherry and food in a unique event
This evening is part of the Sherry Week, which runs from the 8th to the 14th October, and is organized by the Jerez-Sherry-Xeres Regulatory Board.
Do you still think that sherry is this kind of extra sweet after dinner drink that your grandmother had from Christmas? Then you can´t miss this event as is going to change your mind!
Richard Witter from Gonzalez Byass will be at Cambridge Wine Merchant Cherry Hinton Rd. showcasing a selection of sherry from one of the best well-known sherry producers in the world. Sherry is a diverse drink with many different flavours, from dry to sweet, that is normally accompanied with food.
I am very pleased to contribute to this amazing evening with my Spanish food. In this case, I will bring pintxos (small tapa style from the North of Spain that is served with a cocktail stick to keep the ingredients of the tapa together) that you can pair with the sherries offered.
The ticket includes 3 tasty pintxos and a Sherry tasting. They will also be setting up a pintxo bar so you can purchase more in the evening if you would like to. You can purchase your tickets on Eventbrite.
The event offers a great opportunity to learn about sherry, discover new flavours and enjoy the food that is paired with.
- From 7 pm to 10 pm
- 7 different kind of sherry
- 3 pintxos to match with the sherry
- Pintxos bar
- A bar with a fantastic selection of wine, sherry, cava and gins
- Tio Pepe or Tio Pepe En Rama – Fino Sherry, Palomino, Aged in Barrel for 4 years biologically under flor. Pale, dry and refreshing.
- Vina AB Amontillado – Tio pepe but with a further 8 years of barrel ageing, in which time the flor dies and the wine begins to age oxidatively.
- Del Duque 30yo Amontillado – a very old amontillado, 30 years of ageing in barrel.
- Leonor Palo Cortado – An oxidatively aged style, fortified to 18% and aged for over 12 years in barrel exposed to the air. Richer and nutty with caramel notes
- Solera 1847 Cream – A blend of dry oloroso and sweet pedro ximenez, a sweeter sherry with 10 years of barrel ageing
- Matusalem 30yo Cream – Solera 1847 but aged for a further 20 years in barrel
- Nectar Pedro Ximenez – 100% pedro ximenez, produced from grapes dried in the sun, super sweet, flavours of figs and dates.