CHICKEN BREAST FILLED WITH BACON, PISTACHIOS AND DATES IN PISTACHIOS SAUCE
If you want to please your guests, this recipe will help you. It is very easy and tasty. You only need 20 minutes to get a beautiful dish, which may be served cold or warm, as a nibble for a canapes party or as a dish for a formal dinner. It is really versatile and will make an impact to your table.
4 breasts of chicken fillets
2 streaky bacon rashers
4 big and fresh dates
150 grams pistachios
Extra virgin olive oil
STEP BY STEP GUIDE
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Take the pistachios out of their shells and clean them up thoroughly, removing the peel as much as possible.
- Crush 100 grams pistachio into pieces and leave the rest for the sauce.
- Chop up the bacon and the dates.
- Brush a frying pan with a few drops of extra virgin olive oil and fry the bacon.
- Add the chopped dates and the pistachios and mix together.
- Lay the chicken fillet on a piece of foil. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Fill the breast with the mixture, spreading it from the middle of the fillet, roll it and wrap in the foil.
- Fill the rest of the fillets.
- Put them in the oven for 8 minutes.
- Once they are cooked, stir-fry in a frying pan with a little of extra virgin olive oil.
- Cut in thick slices.
- Crush 50 grams pistachios.
- Pour the milk in a small pot and warm it over a low heat.
- Add the pistachios and stir slowly until it begins to boil.
- Switch off the heat and serve. (Be careful because this sauce tends to thicken when it cools down).
- Skewer two or three slices on a cocktail stick.
- Put the pistachios sauce at the bottom of a big plate.
- Lay the slices of chicken breasts on top.
Enjoy! ¡Buen provecho!