40th birthday party with tapas
¡Qué Rico! Tapas catered last week a 40th birthday party
The host was really keen on celebrating that important date with a party and gathering all her friends. She wanted something informal but special. Se we planned a summer party in her roof- terrace, an amazing place with breathtaking views of the city.
We designed a special menu with fresh tapas and nibbles and summer dishes which were served in small crockery.
– Apple compote, cheese cream and almonds served in a small spoon
– Summer salad with lettuce, cherry tomatoes, sweet corn and chaca. The ingredients were put in a sphere and the guest had to choose the dressing (cocktail sauce or olive oil and vinegar), season the salad and shake the sphere!
– Melon soup with fried serrano ham, in a small glass.
– spanish omelette, serrano ham and prawns in tempura.
– Chicken breast filled with bacon, dates and pistachios.
– Small pot with “gambas al ajillo” (prawns with garlic and olive oil).
The dessert was a really refreshing one: gin&tonic gelatine with lemon sorbet and a birthday party, of course.
The result was a really fun and colourful party, where guests enjoyed the food and the astonishing sunset from the roof terrace. An unforgettable 40th birthday for the host and the guests. And also I really enjoyed organizing the party and seeing the smiles on the guests’ faces!
(Thanks to Iñaki G. Lasheras and Leonor Carnicer for the pictures)